Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problems with doors with transoms

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it just me or do 4 of the 6 doors with transoms not work properly, even at the default settings?

I'm getting extra thick window frames on plan but not in 3d, overlapping door panels, door swinging from the incorrect hinge points and a headache!

I don't recall having a problem with them in AC10, and the pre-rendered preview image shows they must have worked at some point in time in AC11!

Its a real shame that there still seem to be many bugs in the library parts. I do appreciate GS have been working hard to improve the interface and ease of use, and I feel they are nearly at the point where there is sufficient control to almost do exactly what you need it to in the majority of cases. Their gradual move to a kit of common macros that are shared between most of the doors should be an advantage when trying to maintain consistency and updating the parts. But they still don't all work properly!!

And a general annoyance that occurs with all glass panels on both doors and windows, why do they appear different shades in the openGL 3d window - even though they should be identical.

Whilst I'm in the mood for a moan about doors, why when adjusting the width of the sidelights is there not the option of locking the width of the door to an actual size, and letting the sidelights self-adjust to fill what ever is left of the overall opening, rather than me needing a calculator to work out what to set the sidelights to when the opening is 1.845m and the door needs to be 0.770m (then dividing the figure into two). Surely the computer should do this for me!

(Grrr - I thought technology was meant to make your life easier )

BTW the blue is actually a wall in the background so you can see the glass more easily.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, and another thing, I've also noticed that the visual guide to setting the sidelights is incorrect on a few of the doors. It's actually measured to the inside of the door frame not the outside.

Cheers!