BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project North not relating to the shadow diagram

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im having trouble with rotation my north to reflect the true sun. As a standard north is always up the page but to see my whole plan I have rotated it to fit an A3 page.

See image below. If I change Project North the shadows stays the same.

why is this not related?

How can I change the north to reflect the true shadows?
6 REPLIES 6
Hello,

It seems to be a 3D document which is related to a 2D plan view
Try to create another 3D document view after changing your north to check it
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Hello,

It seems to be a 3D document which is related to a 2D plan view
Try to create another 3D document view after changing your north to check it

Does this mean I need to make a new sun study? I was hoping I could change this without having to redo any views since this is all office templates.

Is there no way of updating these 2d views?
Luiz Braga
Participant

I am experiencing exactly the same issue you had years ago. Would you happen to know the answer by now? Thanks.

@GRAPHISOFT 

Any solution to this question. We are using AC25 and the same issue is happening. 

Came across this whilst testing out our new office template in AC26 and running into the same issue. i.e. Any premade shadow diagrams (3d Docs) will have their north  orientated to the direction of project north was when it was created.

We found that we could 'reset' each 3D document by going into into 3D Document Settings > 3D Projection. And without changing anything, OK out of both. This will get the view to recheck and re-render the shadows.

Annoying, but beats completely remaking the 3D docs. Also applies if, for whatever reason, Project north needs to be modified.

louis gadd
Newcomer

this worked for me

Learn and get certified!