BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project rotation - labels & detail markers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project with 3 buildings in, each in a different rotation. They are hotlinked into the main site file which is where I'm doing all the detailing etc to enable markers to back reference. For each building the view is rotated & saved, which for the most part work fine.

My issue is the way detail markers & labels react to this. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to whether they'll rotate to match the project 0 orientation of the view rotation no matter what settings I change. The image is 2 labels. The first one I drew a while ago which works fine, the second one i dragged a copy & just added another keynote; and for some reason it then rotates to project 0 with no other settings being changed. It drives me up the wall!

We have similar problems with detail markers; both the head not rotating correctly & the bubble jumping all over the place.

Any help would be appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Well, the first thing I think you should check is the rotation settings in both labels. I think whatever setting is there (in the label settings) the label is actually following that.

It is a separate question why a duplicate of the same label might rotate, but if you say that you apply CADimage keynotes to it, then I suppose it might be a change added by the CADimage add-on. I think you should contact CADimage about this, I am sure they would be able to tell you what is wrong right away.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
insideru
Advocate
I've always considered it a bug in AC21.

Daniel, here is how to replicate it:
Take the detail tool and draw a rectangle, clicking somewhere to place the marker (or anchor point).
Select it and change the marker rotation from horizontal to rotated, making sure relative to orientation and 0° as angle are both set.
Now change the view orientation angle and watch the marker go bonkers.

The good thing is it is fixed in AC22.
The bad thing is some of us are still finishing projects started in 21.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad it's not just us!!

Daniel, I'm in the process of looking into the keynote label issue with Cadimage at the moment; it's looking like it may be some kind of workspace issue.

In regards to the detail markers it's extremely frustrating, but looks like we may have to just wait till we've moved to AC22

Cheers
Learn and get certified!