BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Property Manager (blank fields?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all in the archicad demonstration video:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/archicad-21-new-features/archicad_21_autotext_labe...

it demonstrates uses the property manager to add a fire rating to a wall in the example/tutorial video.

however in my archicad file there are absolutely no property fields available?
i would need to go through and generate them all from scratch.
normally archicad provide a starting point with fields you can add to or modify to suit your project, is there a standard property list file that I can import general fields as a starting point? also I would have thought it might be good to incorporate this from the beginning as a way of standardising the fields so they they can simply be selected ie when following tutorial videos.

im not sure if it is simply because my archicad template file was originally a v19 file or..?

Also im not sure why we have the classification manager and also the property manager do they not both do a similar job to one another?
2 REPLIES 2
methy wrote:
Also im not sure why we have the classification manager and also the property manager do they not both do a similar job to one another?
I can't answer the first question, but I have spent some time trying to wrap my head around around the Classification/Properties scheme. The Classifications are like the "high level" pigeonholes, which allow a wall to be an interior wall, an exterior wall, millwork, or a piece of art. Specific properties can be assigned to that specific classification pigeonhole depending on what it is, so you don't have to see all properties -- all the time. A wall which is an exterior wall is likely to have only a certain set of relevant properties, whereas a wall which is functioning as a crown molding (and has that set as its classification) can have completely different ones.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
runxel
Legend
methy wrote:
im not sure if it is simply because my archicad template file was originally a v19 file or..?
On migrated files newer stuff will be missing.
Just open the OOTB template and get all the 'default' properties out of there.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!