BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Publisher: Floor Plan to MOD

owen
Newcomer
[EDIT:] Added a poll

I'm revisiting the approach to typical floors of hotlinking a typical floor in a file back into the other typical floors of that file via a Publisher set containing the typical floors.

However I am back again at the reason I did not do this several versions ago .. and wanted to check again that I am not misunderstanding how this should work. Lets say Level 3-10 are alternating typical floors (Level 3,5,7,9 + Level 4,6,8,10):

1. I have modelled Levels 1-4 and the Roof. Levels 5-10 are empty.

2. I have saved Levels 2 & 3 plans as Views called Level 2 (Typical A) and Level 3 (Typical B) this is then added to a Publisher set with the file type set to MOD. Now under the Module Options dialog in the publisher set I have set each of these items to include only that level under 'Story Range' (see attached image). So my understanding was the MOD would only include items on visible layers from that particular storey, and not export any other storeys to the MOD. I originally tried 'Current Story' but that did not behave any differently in the issue I will explain.

3. I now hotlink these two alternating level MODs back into the PLN file on Levels 4-10. First issue - despite exporting a single Story Range/Current Story when I select the .MOD to Hotlink, I am given the option to create a Multi-Storey Hotlink or select a level - 0-3 in the case of Level 3 MOD and 0-4 in the case of Level 4 MOD. I pick single storey option and select the relevant level to hotlink. Everything looks OK in the PLN.

4. Second issue - However if I open either of these two .MOD files I notice that my Multi-storey columns I placed on Level 0 are contained in both files, and that Level 3 MOD contains 3 levels and Level 4 MOD contains 4 levels, although aside from these columns neither contains the elements from the other levels. I understand ArchiCAD needs to do this to match up story levels - its just a little confusing for newer users who will be using the system

So although everything seems to be working in my PLN my question is why if I select to save only elements on Current Story or a Story Range are my columns with a Homestory of Level 0 being exported?

Those options to me say 'Only export elements whose Home Story is within the specified Story Range / on the Current Story'.

But it doesn't work like that .. there are columns in the MOD on Level 0 and you cannot simply Hotlink the whole MOD in but you have to select the story you want - otherwise you get your Level 0 columns multiplying all the way up your building.

Is this broken or I am just missunderstanding things? It shouldn't work like this IMO .. those options are misleading.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!