Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Push/Pull 2 (or more) faces

JohnJay
Expert
Just playing with the Morph tool and looking for an efficient way to push/pull 2 faces together. Is there a specific tool for this?

Or alternatively is there a way to quickly clean up the morph if I push/pull the faces individually?

Also, is there an option to keep the existing edges when a face is push/pulled (so I could then, for example, pull out the roof trim)?
AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is a GIF that shows one way of achieving it.
You can place 2 Guide Lines along the two roof plane end edges.
Then modify the Editing Plane, and use the Pick Plane option to pick one of the Roof surfaces.
Then you can place another Guide Line on that plane at the intersection point of the two Guide Lines.
Then you can just select the top edge of the Roof Plane using CTRL-SHIFT-click. and move it onto that Guide Line.
Do the same with the other roof plane.

Then you may have to remove some vertical edges that stays there on the vertical surfaces after the move actions.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
JohnJay
Expert
Thanks for the suggestion, though I was hoping there was a direct and more efficient way of doing this.

I tried to select and grab the 'ridge' edge and put in position in a single move but inferencing doesn't seem to get what I'm trying to do.

Would be great to have the option to push/pull faces together.
AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10