Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Quantity takeoffs for finishes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone getting quantity take offs of finishes? We want to be able to model as correctly as we need to (walls go to 9'-6" and ceilings are at 9'-0") and be able to get a quantity of finishes (wall covering on east wall from floor to 9'-0", paint on all other walls to 9'-0" not the total 9'-6" that the wall actually is) I understand the wall covering will go past the ceiling but we want to quantify the finishes that will be seen. Would you use a schedule with zone tags and show areas of each surface? What if a room doesn't have a flat ceiling? I think we would want all like materials to be added together.

Is anyone already doing this?

Thanks,
Michele
4 REPLIES 4
Michele,

In this case the Zone height should be set to where your finish ends whether that coincides with the ceiling plane or not. Irregular wall height and ceilings can be described by cutting the Zone with ceiling planes to match the geometry.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
So the zone can be cut to fit into a space? Can the zone tag then tell me how much sq ft is on a surface of each side indivudually? South wall is 300 sf, east wall is 223 sq ft?

Michele
A Zone can cvertainly be sculpted - its the "air" inside the room.

I don't think you can report quantites from individual faces of the Zone without some tweaking.

The answer to that part of your question is [insert miracle or good advice from the GDL gurus here] easy.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Djordje
Ace
Aaron wrote:
A Zone can cvertainly be sculpted - its the "air" inside the room.

I don't think you can report quantites from individual faces of the Zone without some tweaking.

The answer to that part of your question is [insert miracle or good advice from the GDL gurus here] easy.
In fact Interactive Scheduling guru ... goes by name of Karl 😉

Just go into Zone list, and look at the available list of parameters.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen