BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Question about wall intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to intersect the selected wall with the thicker wall (which is not orthogonal) and I cannot intersect them seamlessly. Sometimes it works but when the wall is not orthogonal, no matter how I rotate the thinner wall it doesn't let me intersect them. Is there a solution?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
In addition to my first question - what I want to do is - to seamlessly merge the thinner corner walls (it's a pilaster) with the thicker walls. The problem is that if it works on the one side, on the other side they don't get properly merged/intersected. It's an old building with crooked walls and the intersection method does not always solve the problem.
runxel
Legend
Use a Polywall instead. (Not the Polyline method, but the real poly)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! I used the poly wall. It partially worked. The only issue that remained unsolved - I need to either split it or somehow connected it to the other wall seamlessly. But if I split it - a line appears, if I try to intersect two poly walls - it doesn't let me do it.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Make sure that you extend the Reference Line of the Polygonal Wall so it connects to the Reference Line of connecting Walls.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
As Laslo says: Take care of your reference lines 🙂
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! The issue got magically solved. After the fifth try, it worked. I don't know about the reference lines. I'll have them in mind for the next time. I just needed it seamlessly connected.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can use the "View > On-Screen- View Options > Wall and Beam Reference Lines" menu command to display or hide those Reference Lines. They probably join now. When you are editing a polygonal Wall geometry, the Reference Line location of the Polygonal Wall can also change, it can get shorter or longer.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!