BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Question on single plane roof / ramp

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I connect a ramp to a slab, the plane of the ramp is not aligned with the slab in 3D. (see the screenshot). It looks like that there is another slope perpendicular to the roof pitch. It's maybe because the two elements are not connected by a 90 degree angle but still I expect to see the two nodes at the same height.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
anto_bg:

Check the angle of the Roof's Pivot Line (turned on via On-Screen View Options). Since the Roof and Slabs don't intersect in plan at a 90˚ angle, I think the Roof Pivot Line will need to be parallel to the intersection angle.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
anto_bg:

Check the angle of the Roof's Pivot Line (turned on via On-Screen View Options). Since the Roof and Slabs don't intersect in plan at a 90˚ angle, I think the Roof Pivot Line will need to be parallel to the intersection angle.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much! Yes, the pivot line was in the root of the problem of the 3D model.
Learn and get certified!