Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Question regarding Archicad future tools

Darwuhr
Enthusiast

Hello to everybody!

I have a question regarding the future of Archicad tools, especially regarding new tools. We are a firm that do both architectural and structural projects. As we have seen, Graphisoft is going to enlarge its scope thansk to DDS-CAD and we are really excited about that. But we wanted to know what are Graphisofts intentions towards rebar and reinforcement modeling, as we are currently not happy with our current programs we use, and think that Archicad is much more intuitive and simple to use in all it's aspects. We are currently testing Eptar Reinforcement to see if it is suitable for us, but as far as we have seen it is an incomplete tool.

So my question is: is Graphisoft going to become a full AEC tool, implementing reinforcement BIM modeling too?

Thank you very much. All comments are welcome, as we want to hear your (both Archicad users and developers) solutions to that problem and how have you integrated the reinforcement modeling in your workflow with Archicad and other programs.

3 REPLIES 3
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello Darwuhr,

I'm glad to hear that you are using both the architectural and structural feature set of Archicad. I think the merge with DDS-CAD is a clear indication from us that we want to help users like yourself: focusing on more disciplines, not just architecture. Since AC24 we have been constantly improved the structural and MEP functionality of Archicad and plan to do so in the future as well.

We are more than happy to discuss with you and everyone else interested in this topic what else would be the needed for your structural (or MEP) workflows. So feel free to comment issues you encountered and ideas you have regarding this topic in this forum.

Thanks!

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
Nader Belal
Mentor

@Balint Kezer couldn’t you share a glimpse of the road the

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

Hi, we also use Archicad for architectural and structural projects in our office and yes we are very pleased that Graphisoft has decided to add new structural tools in Archicad because this will improve the collaboration. For many years now I use Eptar's Reinforcement Tool but unfortunately I agree that it is incomplete and need a lot of improvements. I would like extend the request not only to Reinforcement Tool but also for Steel Connections Tool which will help us have an appropriate model export to structural software for the design and properly and effectively design and draw our projects in Archicad. Our request to Graphisoft is to proceed as soon as possible to the completion of all necessary new structural tools to have a full complete independent Archicad.