Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Quick measuring distances

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to mesure the distance between to objects without using the dimension tool because I don't want it to be marked in the floor plan. I want just to have the idea of the distance in a quick way, like when you use the DI (distance) command in AutoCAD.

Thanks a lot and sorry for such a basic question
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are looking for the Measure Tool: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88458/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot

Is there a hotkey for it in order to do it more quickly ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think M is the default. Why don't you take a look at your hotkeys? Options -> Work Environment -> Keyboard Shortuts -> Show in web browser.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is M, thanks a lot ! and it’s not marked in the list that you told me about.

I’m working my way through ArchiCAD after 8 years of working in Revit and I’m trying to gain the same speed, and Im really missing all the shortcuts. I’m guessing that archicad is more mouse based
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Pretty much all commands in ARCHICAD can have a shortcut set up for them in the Work Environment, so if that is your preferred method, you can do it. Although ARCHICAD does not have two-letter shortcuts like Revit does, you can use any combination of the CTRL/SHIFT/ALT keys + normal keys to define your shortcut combinations.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for your advices, that’s quite kind of you
Lingwisyer
Guru
With the Coordinates dialogue in your workspace, you could also use User Origin function to measure things quickly. Alt + Shift + LMB (Left Mouse Button) to set the User Origin then just cursor over any secondary points.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660