BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

REQUEST ("Properties_Of_Parent" Data Handling?

JGoode
Advocate
Hi,

I am trying to create a zone stamp that can read the classification and properties in ArchiCAD.
I have discovered the
n = REQUEST ("Properties_Of_Parent", propertyType, parentProperties)
request but I have no idea how to handle the data that comes out of it. The same goes with
n = REQUEST ( "Property_Value_Of_Parent", "id", type, dim1, dim2, propertyValues)
. Any guidance would be very helpful. The GDL Reference guide really offers no help to me on this particular function. Thanks Very Much!
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
10 REPLIES 10
There is an example for label on gdl.graphisoft.com, for zone stamp it works the same way.
This request is purely UI dependant - so the UI is mandatory for this to work.

Best Regards,
Piotr
JGoode
Advocate
Piotr wrote:
There is an example for label on gdl.graphisoft.com, for zone stamp it works the same way.
This request is purely UI dependant - so the UI is mandatory for this to work.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Thanks, I tried to download it but it kept redirecting me for some reason. I have it now and have now implemented it.
I do have another question though, I want to be able to set the property that it shows from my Model View Options so I can choose what all of my zones show at once. Is this possible? I obviously can't use the same request functions in my model view options as the library global can't read the properties. But the properties in my zone stamp object don't have independent values that I can set the object to show (Fire Rating for example). So I'm stuck. Is it possible to achieve what I'm after or not?
Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Looking at the different zone stamp options I have available and their MVO settings, I would say you can control this once you've added the option to show the fire rating property as a stamp text.

I did check to see if this was already available, but it doesn't seem to be so. We do have some custom text fields, but that means inputting the data twice, which I assume is not what you are after.

I would say it is as 'simple' as grabbing the property data, stuffing it into a GDL parameter and displaying that data.

Have you considered graphic overrides as a rather graphic way of displaying this information? It is very easy to use specific properties to override zone fills and such. Personally I quite like this approach. Allthough we also have seperate layer and zones to show fire compartiment zones.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
It might possible - as You may have noticed the property is stored in the parameter as kind of GUID...the user guide says that it should not be stored of any kind - but remember the guid of the property can change project to project.

(I probably have an opening marker with such possibilty...no time to check right now - but AFIR it was made for displaying the fire resistance as the property not the parameter, and all is library global driven)

Piotr
JGoode
Advocate
Thanks very much. I just have no idea about how to pull the specific "values" from the request or from the GUID-Like parameter. The reference guide seems pretty limited when you get this far down the gdl rabbit hole.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
It has to be done via the special infield-like command in the UI only
ui_custom_popup_infield

all You need is here: http://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/display-properties-with-labels
the example label: http://gdl.graphisoft.com/Examples/Tips-Tricks/Property%20Label%20Example%20AC20.gsm

Piotr
JGoode
Advocate
Piotr wrote:
It has to be done via the special infield-like command in the UI only
ui_custom_popup_infield

all You need is here: http://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/display-properties-with-labels
the example label: http://gdl.graphisoft.com/Examples/Tips-Tricks/Property%20Label%20Example%20AC20.gsm

Piotr
Thanks Peter, I have gotten this far already with selecting a property from the list and then displaying it in 2D. What I want to achieve is to be able to say "show fire rating" in my MVO and then have my zone stamp read that and then select Fire Rating from the list to show (for multiple zones on a particular view). From all that I have seen it seems impossible to do.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Probably the only way would be to make a parameter in the zone, and make default value of it as the call of the wanted property, then show it or not when needed via MVO.

Piotr
JGoode
Advocate
Piotr wrote:
Probably the only way would be to make a parameter in the zone, and make default value of it as the call of the wanted property, then show it or not when needed via MVO.

Piotr
But the value from the property is the issue as I can't choose the specific property as they are in a dynamic array. Simply put, there is no value that I can call. As far as my knowledge goes.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Learn and get certified!