Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Railing Bug - Stuck on Glass - Blue Surface - Archicad 24

CMORROW
Participant

Model view options are set to full and railings are set to Override Surface to black, but all railings are stuck displaying as the surface Glass-Blue and can't be changed! I've seen other people encounter this bug but no solutions...help, please!

This happens even when the MVO settings are set to simplified and model attributes are set to black, there's the same problem. I've attached pictures.

*UPDATE: it appears to only happen in files saved from our modified template, not the out of the box Archicad template. Seems to be a bug/error in the template file. Any thoughts on fixing surface bugs in 3d views?

7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru

Have you checked your GOs?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

are there any Graphic Overrides that override the surface of a certain type of element? eg. "All Demolition 3D Elements will have it's Surface be overriden by Surface Glass"? or "All Elements with 'x-layer' will have it's Surface be overriden by Surface Glass" or something along those lines? 

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Lingwisyer
Guru

That is possible. If you are using the Renovation Filter, checking which GOs each of your filters is using would be advisable.

They can also be set to override by layer.

To test, set your GO to No Overrides and your Renovation Filter to Show All Elements.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Yes, I've tested this...GO's set to No Overrides and Renovation Filter to Show all. This occurs in multiple Archicad 24 projects and other people have noted this issue. 

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

Looking at the screenshots and reading the description, it looks like there might be some corruption in the file. If you open the floor plan, make sure to turn off Graphic Override combination and select the railing > right-click > Show Selection in 3D, will it update correctly in 3D?

Furthermore, if you copy this railing into a new file, or choose a default railing from the Favorties in the given project, will it fix the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

I also have the same problem, when the railing is drawn, it is in the state of surface glass, the surface does not change Безымянный.jpg

Have a look at your Model View Option settings.

You probably have an override in place.

BarryKelly_0-1673852622442.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11