Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Railing Drop Down Choice Issue

Ode1
Booster

Hi. I am trying to learn the stair tool and was watching a video where the person had a choice of handrails from the drop down menu. He said it was part of his handrail tool (A21). I am using 22 and only have the empty favourites bar because I haven't created any favs yet. If anyone can explain what I'm doing wrong etc please let me know. Also, if anyone knows any links to tutorials on how to use the stair tool I'd appreciate it as so far nothing I've found is either very clear or is basic enough for where I want to start.

Thankyou.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 144101.png

Ode1_0-1655182012044.png

Odette Salem
www.virtualhouse.com.au
AC22 AUS . Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz . 32.0 GB ram . 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

If you open the default Archicad template you should see that it has some favourites for stairs and rails.

Have a look on the Archicad YouTube channel ...https://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad/playlists

In the playlist are tutorials and in volume 3 you will see some videos for stairs and railing.

Search in the channel for other videos, there will probably be more.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly

If you open the default Archicad template you should see that it has some favourites for stairs and rails.

Have a look on the Archicad YouTube channel ...https://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad/playlists

In the playlist are tutorials and in volume 3 you will see some videos for stairs and railing.

Search in the channel for other videos, there will probably be more.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

He has presaved his favorite to have it in the drop down. 

You need to modify the railing tool tlsettings to what you want then save favorites of your own.

Then the drop down will be similar to the image you show.

Ode1
Booster

Thankyou Barry, I will take a look and see what I can find.

Odette Salem
www.virtualhouse.com.au
AC22 AUS . Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHz . 32.0 GB ram . 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks but actually the template has those handrails premade. I've just opened a standard out of the box template and found quite a few options just as Barry Kelly said.

Ode1_0-1655427861764.png

Odette Salem
www.virtualhouse.com.au