Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Railing Independent Segments - Static

Tincan561
Contributor

I am very confused about railing nodes and segments and have read similar posts discussing independent railing segments.

For example, if I draw a static "L-shaped" railing, Archicad seems to treat the entire "L" as a single segment.

If I divide the segment into (3) divisions, AC25 creates two inner posts and divides the entire "L" in thirds.

What I want is two independent segments each divided in thirds by inner posts.

When I go to edit mode, highlight the segments and nodes and select one segment and change the divisions to four, the other segment changes to (3) divisions. However, whenever I try to independently edit both segments to the same pattern, AC reverts back, moves the inner posts, and considers the entire "L" as a single segment.

The same is true when I work with a fixed pattern length. As soon as I set the pattern the same, AC thinks there is a single segment and divides the inner posts along the entire "L".

Thus, in the attached png, I am unable to have the upper diagram have independent segments with three divisions, or the lower diagram have independent segments with the posts aligned to center. As soon as I edit each segment to the same setting, AC treats the entire "L" as a single segment.

In the real world, I have a static balcony railing with several turns.  Some segments need the inner posts starting from the center, and other segments need the inner posts aligned to the center.  I am unable to edit independent segments, because as soon as I set any two adjacent segments to the same setting, AC throws the entire string of inner posts out of whack.

Other than splitting the railing, how can I edit each segment independent and have three divisions or both set to align to center.

Thanks.

2022-04-25_13-25-14.png

Archicad 26 Macbook Pro, Ventura 13.6.3
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

"For example, if I draw a static "L-shaped" railing, Archicad seems to treat the entire "L" as a single segment.

If I divide the segment into (3) divisions, AC25 creates two inner posts and divides the entire "L" in thirds.

What I want is two independent segments each divided in thirds by inner posts." @Tincan561

Node => Pattern Continuity => Crop Segment at Node

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Perfect, thanks

Archicad 26 Macbook Pro, Ventura 13.6.3