Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Railing Tool Sequence Mirrored After Software Upgrade

Gerry Leonor
Advisor

having moved from 22 to 25 in the past week, we've noticed that some of our associative railing has glitched out. in this case, we use the railing tool for roof flashings or gutters with a custom profile & have the nodes linked to the roofs. you'll see in a thick blue line the original & correct linked nodes. however since the upgrade to 25, it's gone around the roof, the long way around (red lines) , & flipped the orientation of the profile.

GerryLeonor_0-1660605976386.png

This bug has happened in other projects & with other custom profiled rails.

it's not just a slight annoyance, it's also having to re-model & re-label things in multiple drawings. if this bug is inevitable, is there at least a quick way to re-orient the nodes of the associative rail? ie, back to the blue line sequence?

for the curious: no, we weren't going for some sort of Frank Lloyd Wright inspired overhangs.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

@Gerry Leonor wrote:

is there at least a quick way to re-orient the nodes of the associative rail? ie, back to the blue line sequence?

If you want to swap from the red path to the blue path, select the rail, invoke the pet palette and choose the 'Railing Segment Type' option.

Then you can choose to 'Flip Segment'.

BarryKelly_0-1660612410225.png

NOTE: this depends on how the rail was placed.

If placed with just start and end points, this will work.

If you place originally with more that 2 nodes, this will not work as it has a different type of associativity to the roof.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

@Gerry Leonor wrote:

is there at least a quick way to re-orient the nodes of the associative rail? ie, back to the blue line sequence?

If you want to swap from the red path to the blue path, select the rail, invoke the pet palette and choose the 'Railing Segment Type' option.

Then you can choose to 'Flip Segment'.

BarryKelly_0-1660612410225.png

NOTE: this depends on how the rail was placed.

If placed with just start and end points, this will work.

If you place originally with more that 2 nodes, this will not work as it has a different type of associativity to the roof.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

thank you -- it seemed to have worked on segments with at least 3 nodes or less.

weird that it only flips the segments on some, but not all. either way -- at least it's a quick fix. cheers

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

@Gerry Leonor wrote:

weird that it only flips the segments on some, but not all. either way -- at least it's a quick fix. cheers

It is to do with how the railing was placed.

It should be placed with 'Associated' nodes and segments.

If you click each node of your slab/roof or what ever you are associating to, it will place a node at each of those points (a black square node).

it will still be associated to the element, but this flip path option will not be available.

If on the other hand you choose any 2 corners of the element (they don't need to be adjacent corners but they can be), it will place the railing from the first corner, along the edges of the element, to the second corner - you wont see any nodes, but it will still associate to the other corners in between the first and second points.

Before you click the second point, you have the option to TAB to swap the railing path to the other edges of the element.

When you place by just 2 points, you will have this option to flip the path when you later select the railing as shown in my image.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27