Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Railing Tool and Slab Openings

cmartonffy
Booster
Hello ARCHICAD Community,

Are there any good techniques for "closing" rails that are only associated with a slab opening only (i.e. not stairs) so that:
  • corner mullion
  • top rail
  • adjacent panels
appear closed?

See image attached.

Thanks,
Claudio
AC 23 | INTEL i9-9900 64GB RAM| NVIDIA QUADRO P1000 4 GB GDDR5 |WIN 10
USER SINCE AC 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
I forgot to mention:
You'll have to start your railing not at the corners, but at the node you added on one of the edges.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend
Until GS fixes this hot mess:
You can overcome this if you make an additional point on one of the sides. It will now close properly, BUT: at the cost of an additional post at this node. (you might be able to delete it in edit mode, but that depends on your design of course)
Also you can't use the magic wand. You have to do the railing by hand (it's still associated tho).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
cmartonffy
Booster
Thanks runxel,

I am really trying to get a profile (see image) to turn corners of a closed polygon ... was having issues with the curtail wall tool so I tried with the rail tool.

I will try to use the curved glass profile as a mullion instead of a panel in the CW tool, but I am having trouble understanding the cutting planes.

This could be a job foe the grasshopper connection, but I was trying to keep the workflow easy for the concept phase;)

Claudio
USER SINCE AC 19
Solution
runxel
Legend
I forgot to mention:
You'll have to start your railing not at the corners, but at the node you added on one of the edges.
Lingwisyer
Guru
You set your rail endings to ZERO, so that they basically butt into each other.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
cmartonffy
Booster
runxel wrote:
I forgot to mention:
Thanks all for your responses.
Claudio
USER SINCE AC 19