Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Railing not showing detail in plan.

derekjackson
Enthusiast
Hi, I'd like to use the Railing Profile tool to create road markings on roads. It works great in 3D, but the 2D plan view doesn't show correctly - it seems to lump the various elements together to show the 'bounding box' of the rail profile instead. How can I get it to show the content of the profile more accurately in plan?

The attachment shows the build-up of my profile (2 simple rectangular fills) and the white section on plan to the left shows it run along the orange line (with an offset) - it shows as one thick box, rather than two thinner.

Is it a Model View option issue? Or do complex profiles simply not show in detail on plan?
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend
For 2D presentation don't use railings. Rather use beams with very little height. Or use my object 😉
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Barry Kelly
Your complex profile has the 2 painted stripes, but as far a s the rail tool is concerned - it is just one railing, so shows as that in plan.
You could try using a rail (or top rail) and a separate handrail in the railing tool.
Adjust their heights and the offset of the hand rail accordingly.
These will show separately in plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11