Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Railing return off center in plan, but aligned in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
In plan, a 1 1/2" square railing shows the 90 degree return 1" off center from the guard rail post it is supposed to connect to. In 3D however, the return is in the exact right position. The railing is also showing up in red on the plan, so I'm guessing something is wrong with the settings. Any guesses? I'm in AC24
I'm modeling an existing railing, the main object being rendering an image.
We are also using this model for construction docs, so the 2D plan view is also important
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you show screenshots of both the 2D and 3D of the Railing, so we can see the misalignment between the two?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
runxel
Legend
I recall a recent thread with nearly the same content. Minh stated that this behavior (right in 3D, wrong in plan) would be a bug that will be fixed (with no ETA, tho).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the screen shots. Sorry for the delay. I haven't been back on this project for a bit

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!