BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Re: Curtain Wall Tool, How do I use custom profiles for frames?

4hotshoes
Advisor
In the Archicad 22 videos, it looks like the profile manager is opened and custom profiles have been created and are part of AC 22, but the video never shows how to load them into a curtain wall. Or how to assign them. In fact, I can't even see the frame profiles supplied by Archicad in the Profile Manager, in the list of frames available for the curtain wall.

What I want to do is use the Curtain Wall Tool to create a wainscot with trim and panels. I have created the trim profiles and assigned them to be objects. I reloaded Archicad, just in case that made a difference.

Has anyone created custom profiles and used them in a curtain wall? How? How can you even see them?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 REPLY 1
DGSketcher
Legend
I create my custom profiles and save them as a library part type in the group of wall, beam, column etc icons. The saved profile can then be imported in the Curtain Wall settings by using "Add.." a Frame Class and in my case using the "Profiled Butt-Glazed Frame ##" type. You can then chose your saved profile under General Settings > Frame Type, in my case "Masonite H300". This frame class can then be selected in the scheme layout window or whichever method you choose to draw your frames.

Much like the other tools, the Curtain Wall requires a time investment to learn it to be able to adapt it to your needs. It is very versatile once you get the hang of it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!