Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Re-ordering Items in Project Map

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for such a basic question. I'm trying to tidy up my Template, and would like to re-arrange the order of some items in my Project Map. For eg. move Project Notes up to the top of the tree, change the order of my Worksheets etc. (I've tried drag and drop and have searched online for an answer for ages I promise!)
Thankyou
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein
You can re-order your View Map however you like (except in the case of cloned folders...which maintain their project map order...a reason I don't use clones). But, you cannot re-order the Project Map.

Once you have a decent template, you would almost never use the Project Map anyway?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Karl Ottenstein
You can re-order your View Map however you like (except in the case of cloned folders...which maintain their project map order...a reason I don't use clones). But, you cannot re-order the Project Map.

Once you have a decent template, you would almost never use the Project Map anyway?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to work in project map as a beginner, but once I mastered the power of view map I work almost exclusively on it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thankyou for your responses. Makes a lot of sense. Cheers!
You can put a number or letter in the reference ID of the name of any window (except for plans). They will then sort alpha-numerically based off of this field. I don't use these as part of the view name anyways, so it works for me. I use it to order my project map items; mostly worksheets as I let the rest fall where they may usually. You can set the view settings to not use the reference ID as part of the name by setting it to "none."
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou Rex! So simple when you know the tricks, appreciate your reply