Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Really basic handrail problem

JohnJay
Expert
Unfortunately I've wasted 2 hrs on this pathetic problem. Any pointers on how I get the sloped handrail to just butt up to the horizontal one instead of the default and impossible mitred connection?
AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
2 REPLIES 2
Jp1138
Expert
It seems to be working for me here. Maybe it depends on how your connections are defined?
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
JohnJay
Expert
Thanks but this tool is inconsistent to say the least. Sometimes changing the exact same setting makes a change and sometimes it doesn't.

I still can't get the simple connection you have (and even yours isn't quite right as the sloped part doesn't directly butt up to the horizontal part) so in the end it was easier to just have 2 sets of railing.

Also, am I missing something or does snapping not work when editing the rail parts? E.g. I can't snap the end of a top rail to the edge of another?

Finally, is there a way to reset the Rail tool and start afresh? For some reason the default rail has changed to a completely screwed up configuration and I think that may have something to do with some of the issues I'm having.
AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10