Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reference Line of a Composite Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know it I can move the reference line of a composite wall to match with the build-up layers?
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
florina:

Use the Reference Line Offset: Wall Settings > Geometry and Positioning panel, lower right corner.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
And if you want to move the reference line without moving the wall, then use the Edit > Reference Line and Plane > Modify Wall Reference Line... command (with the wall in question selected first).
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the help! But if I want to have the reference line, for instance, exactly between my plasterboard and plywood, I will have to manually write the value in the "Reference Line and Plane" instead of placing it automatically. I know that in Vectorworks you had something like this when you positioned your Reference Line when you were doing the Composites build-up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you can easily change it manually in the wall tool dialog.
Or if you don't mind (depending on how BIM deep you're going) make the plywood part of the core of the wall.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
florina wrote:
But if I want to have the reference line, for instance, exactly between my plasterboard and plywood, I will have to manually write the value in the "Reference Line and Plane" instead of placing it automatically.
In the Composite Structures dialog box, set the Type to Core for the plywood, then in the Wall Settings use the Reference Line: Core Outside option.

David
Wall_Ref_Line_Core_Outside.png
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14