BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reference Story Level

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Is there a way to create a reference story level for linking walls and other elements? (without creating an actual plan)

For exemple: I need a wall to link almost to the upper level, but with a specific distance between them. I could just unlink and set a individual height, but I want them to change automatically if I need later.

Second level: 350cm

Wall height : 300cm

First level: 0

Thanks in advance!

ps. I know revit has a function like this, you can create a story without actually creating a plan, it's just for linking and stuff.
4 REPLIES 4
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Yes you could create a reference level other than your second floor but if I am understanding what you want to do I don't think it is necessary. You can just enter the distance that you would like the top of your wall to be from the second floor and it will adjust automatically. ( See attached )

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yess! I think that will do it! Thanks a lot!
You can set the distance to your new level with nothing on it at 0'-0" from one of your other Stories. But be careful about how you use it.
I do this with Roof Framing Plan and Roof Plan sometimes. 0'-0" from the Roof Framing Story to the Roof Plan Story.

But then I don't use Stories as Floors of the Building all the time. Sometimes I like to use that as just different levels of the model.

You can turn off the display of the Story Marker for any Story you don't want to see in a Section.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
oliveruszkurat wrote:
Hi!

Is there a way to create a reference story level for linking walls and other elements? (without creating an actual plan)

For exemple: I need a wall to link almost to the upper level, but with a specific distance between them. I could just unlink and set a individual height, but I want them to change automatically if I need later.

Second level: 350cm

Wall height : 300cm

First level: 0

Thanks in advance!

ps. I know revit has a function like this, you can create a story without actually creating a plan, it's just for linking and stuff.

press ctrl 7 and add new floor, but uncheck the checkbox at the end.
when you uncheck it it wont be counted as actual floor.

everything you link to it, will preserve the linkage.

to adjust visibility above/below you might need to use Documents\Floor Cut Plane
Learn and get certified!