Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reflected Ceiling Plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad's inability to generate model based RCP's is really bothering me today. I'm working on a project with roof curvature and exposed rafters, so the customary workarounds are not going to cut it. I have to believe that folks in other firms have similar issues with this lack of functionality...

So please, Graphisoft, make this happen.

The 3D workflow improvements in AC15 are appreciated, the new bells and whistles amusing, but at the end of the day I still have to print drawings on paper. To this end we need a complete toolbox to take our globally coordinated 3D data into accurate 2D documentation, and a means of model generated ceiling plans would be a great step in that direction.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Have you tried creating a 3D document of the RC by using cut planes and rearranging the camera?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you post an example of the things you require in a RCP that AC can't do at the moment? Graphisoft would need to know what the shortcomings are in order to improve it in the future, and I suspect not everyone's requirements around the world are the same.