BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Refreshing Template in Project

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new to ArchiCAD, and I've noticed something that would become a problem later. When I change something in our template file (lets say add a new complex profile), that change will not show in a project that had that template as a basis. How can we reload the template to reflect the changes made. Our embedded library, composites, and profiles will only grow, so this will be a problem quick.
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
You can use Attribute Manager to update the oldest file
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
You can use Attribute Manager to update the oldest file
Let me know if I'm doing this wrong. I open up the project file, go into the attribute manager. Go into the all tab. On right side, open up TPL file, on the left side select all and erase (this will leave what is be used). Go back to right side, select all, and append. Click apply or ok. When I do this, however, I get a lot of warnings back to back (Cannot change name of attribute 'color' because another attribute with the same name already exists in the original attribute set......), this goes on and on until the list of colors is finished. What am I doing wrong?
Eduardo Rolon
You will need to use Overwrite from TPL to PLN no need to erase first.
If I am correct.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
If you are trying to keep your plans consistent with your template then you will always want to 'Overwrite' attributes so they keep the same index number.
If you 'Append' then they will get a new number and Archicad will treat them as different attributes - even though they may have identical settings.

The index number is all important.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
If you are trying to keep your plans consistent with your template then you will always want to 'Overwrite' attributes so they keep the same index number.
If you 'Append' then they will get a new number and Archicad will treat them as different attributes - even though they may have identical settings.

The index number is all important.

Barry.
This. Thank you so much!
Learn and get certified!