BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Renovation Filter

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know lots of folks must like the Renovation Filter, but I do not,
even though I'm only doing renovations.
I like my way of having a separate pln and don't want to change it.
So I've tried to turn off what I consider an annoying "feature" and can't seem to find the option to kill it.
I've of course tried Document>Reno. Filter Opt. and tried to delete all Reno filters but looks like at least one stays active.
Tried to turn it off under: Window>Pallets>Reno.Filter, NO dice even though most if not all other things listed there can be turned off.
Tried AC Help, but once again, no help there that I could find.
So, am I missing the obvious?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lec - just make a single renovation filter that shows all of the elements and apply that to all of your drawings? that *should* work...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
Lec - just make a single renovation filter that shows all of the elements and apply that to all of your drawings? that *should* work...
Thanks Mark, if that's the only way, but I just want to turn the dam-n thing off!
Renovation error message occasionally pops up when I'm tying to work and I'm getting angry as it wont let me continue.
And why should I have to apply to all my drawings when I don't want it in the first place?
I say it's a nasty bug/booger.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lec

Select each view in your View Map, open its settings and change Renovation Filter to "Not in Use" or whatever your equivalent is with no overrides. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes (depends on the number of views you have, of course), and will save you hours of strife.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Lec

Select each view in your View Map, open its settings and change Renovation Filter to "Not in Use" or whatever your equivalent is with no overrides. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes (depends on the number of views you have, of course), and will save you hours of strife.
Thanks Stuart for heading me in the right direction.
First deleted all but one, changed it's name, set each of override styles to no overrides by un checking all. Image attached.
So far it seems like that way when I create a new view, it picks up on "Not in Use". So if that sticks, problem solved.
UPDATE: Seems,(so far) that you don't have delete all other RenoFilters as long as last one picked (in my case none) shows up as default when creating a new view.
Still think documentation should have showed up in my searches and G.S. could have made it simpler to just turn it off.
Take care.
Be safe out there.
lec
UnRenoFilt.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
lec1212 wrote:
s2art wrote:
Lec

Thanks Stuart for heading me in the right direction.
First deleted all but one, changed it's name, set each of override styles to no overrides by un checking all. Image attached.
So far it seems like that way when I create a new view, it picks up on "Not in Use". So if that sticks, problem solved.
UPDATE: Seems,(so far) that you don't have delete all other RenoFilters as long as last one picked (in my case none) shows up as default when creating a new view.

I dont use the renovation tool at all, leave everything as new and control the project by use of layers (e) walls, (n) walls, walls to be removed, walls to be changed etc. Things started disappearing when I attempted the tool and every other tool that is used has a renovation setting which means spending time to consider what part of renovation even a line fits on....LAYERS IS THE WAY TO GO!
Still think documentation should have showed up in my searches and G.S. could have made it simpler to just turn it off.
Take care.
Be safe out there.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont use the renovation tool at all, leave everything as new and control the project by use of layers (e) walls, (n) walls, walls to be removed, walls to be changed etc. Things started disappearing when I attempted the tool and every other tool that is used has a renovation setting which means spending time to consider what part of renovation even a line fits on....LAYERS IS THE WAY TO GO!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the renovation filter, in theory. It saves having 3 files (existing, demo, new) and could be a great tool. Until it gets fixed though, it really is useless for us.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=207924#207924
Anonymous
Not applicable
You do not have to have three files, all you have to do is control layers within one file, have done it this way for years. If you need assistance, let me know, have created one file for a 6 story building with (E) BUILDING; Plan A, Plan B, Plan C renovations, because the owners don't want to close their business while undergoing construction. Takes SOME think
ing, but have been successful.
Learn and get certified!