Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Renovation Pallete Missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working in Archicad 18, and I want to set the "default" of new elements placed in the drawing (for Renovation options). To do this, according to the Archicad Help, I set the default on the Renovation Palette. However, this Palette is missing. I can find individual Commands to place in a custom menu for "Renovation Filter Options" and "Renovation Override Styles", but there doesn't seem to be any Command to set the "Default" placement for "existing", "to be demolished" or "new construction."

Suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
qwsoftdraw,

The palette is possibly the easiest way to set your defaults. You may also open the Default settings of your tools and set the Renovation Status under the Tags and Categories panel.

Under normal cisrumstances you can make the Renovation palette visible by going Window > Palettes > Renovation. But since you do not see it:

A. In the Work Environment dialog:
- Click Menus on the left
- Choose to List: All command in alphabetical order
- Scroll to Show/Hide Renovation Palette
- Drag it to the Menu you wish to have it in on the right.

OR, if that is not working for you:

B. I suggest that you and then apply the Standard Profile 19. From there you may edit the Profile to use your custom Shortcut scheme and Workspace scheme. But if you go so far as to edit your Menus you should re-add the items you prefer manually.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
WE Renovation Palette.png
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Under normal cisrumstances you can make the Renovation palette visible by going Window > Palettes > Renovation. But since you do not see it:

A. In the Work Environment dialog:
- Click Menus on the left
- Choose to List: All command in alphabetical order
- Scroll to Show/Hide Renovation Palette
- Drag it to the Menu you wish to have it in on the right. "

This worked! Thank you very much!
David Bearss
Booster
I cannot get my renovation palette to display and to complicate matters following the above instructions I have discovered that "all commands in alphabetical order" displays o9ll option greyed out.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
David:

The commands are greyed out until you select and enter one of the Menu headings on the right side of the dialog box. A command cannot be added to the menu bar itself, it needs to go into a menu or submenu.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14