Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Renovation filter problem

ehsanheydari
Participant

Hello everyone,

I am facing with a very strange problem which kind of become a big problem!

I am trying to  show a plan that shows comparison of demished element(yellow color), new costructed element (Red color) and existing element with original color and setting. to show you clearly my situation I  made a simple example of a window in wall. if you see the first screenshot 1 you can see that in plan view everything is fine and I can see the demolished window in the existing wall with right color. but when I go to elevation view, somehow very strangely the windows is diseapered and I am just seeing the existing wall with just opening of the windows and i dont see any windows(Screenshot2). However, If i change the wall to be in demilished phase again I can see the window (Screenshot 3).

I would be very thankful if someone knows how to solve this problem.

Good day,

Ehsan 

screenshot1.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

screenshot3.PNG

Ehsan Heydari / Civil Engineer

AC24 INT • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU 2.90 GHz | 32 gb ram
13 REPLIES 13
ryejuan
Advisor

it means that it can be either 2 things you walled up the previous demolished window or you have an empty opening. do you plan to place a new window?

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Hi ryejuan and thank you for your answer. Actually both of them are wrong.

What I need to see is wall (which is existing and not demolished) and a windows which is demolished from the wall. but i need to see all the window in yellow color. to represent that there was a window which is demolished.

What the red line represents? A new window or new opening?

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

for this specific task you need to create a new renovation filter.

usually it is set like this, see image below.

ryejuan_0-1654489989398.png

you need to create a new filter for this to work so it won't affect other views that you are using this current filter. see image below.

ryejuan_1-1654490078574.png

if you noticed I changed the filter settings. Hope this helps you.

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Thank you so much sir,

The problem is that with this filter setting I cannot see anymore new elements. However I need to see both new and demolished elements in the same elevation view.

Dont know how to fix it. tried so many things and still nothing.

what I need to see is like the screenshot that I have attached now.

as you can see it is both visible new element ( red color) and demolished element( yellow color). but as I couldnt see the demolished element, I had to draw it manually using line tool.

screenshot 5.PNG

yes practically it is showing the new opening because the window is demolished.However I dont want to see it and I just need to see the demolished window with yellow color 

ehsanheydari:

I don't think what you want to do is possible, because when the New is turned on, it will fill in the Demo openings with New wall (this is easier to see in 3D if New is set to Override and the Surface override is active). I think all you can do is turn on Demo with New off, copy the windows, then paste them (they will be lines) into the elevation when New is on.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

you want like this?

ryejuan_0-1654525326359.png

ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Hi,

Did you try that settings for Reno Filter ?

Capture d’écran 2022-06-07 à 12.17.17.png

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey