Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Replacing multiple instances of an object without losing parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently made an altered version of one of the standard archicad roofmaker addon tool's rafter objects. The add-on always places 'Rafter RM 22' in the correct locations, but I want to swap every instance out with my new rafter object.

I know you can cmd+alt click in the object settings palette to change objects while retaining parameters, but is there a way to do this en-masse?

Either that, or there may be a way to change the roofmaker tool's chosen objects to use - somewhere in its code perhaps?
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
If you replace default library of roofmaker with your elements (that use same GUID, subtype and parameters) - roof maker will pick up your elements instead of original - just because for the program they will look the same.

There is no place where you can change library use for roofmaker. This Add-on is written in C++ and compiled after - so there is no access to program code, because it is binary file.