BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Repositioning Dimension Text Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
In previous versions this worked perfectly, not so in 11.

To reposition dimension text that automatically places itself outside its witness lines (a), you can select the dimension string and command (MAC) click the witness line node (b) to move the text back between its witness lines. Now the text moves back but another witness line appears in the opposite direction (c) and only this witness line appears in the layout (d). Now I have to manually reposition the text.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Dimension.png
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
I think your problem emerges because what you really do is this: You're creating an extra (static) dimension node by command-clicking. Since it's horizontally at the same location as the old node, you're confusing Archicacd into that behavior.
Thomas, I must apologise, you are indeed correct about command clicking creating another node or witness line. After some feedback from graphisoft and further testing yes indeed two witness lines are created. The difference from 10 to 11 is the direction this newly created line extends. Stretching the wall reveals the two lines.

I feel like a bit of a fool using this method for so many years to move text when all I was doing was creating an extra witness lines. Please except my apology as I was sure this was an undocumented feature.
Thomas Holm
Booster
sam66 wrote:
I feel like a bit of a fool using this method for so many years to move text when all I was doing was creating an extra witness lines. Please except my apology as I was sure this was an undocumented feature.
Oh please don't feel like that! There's no need to apologize. Archicad is a big and very complex system. We all develop habits in our use of it. I'm sure you'd think I'm a fool too if you knew of some of my habits. Instead, I think we should appreciate the fact that it's flexible enough to accommodate to so many different work methods!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
sam66 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
OK. BTW, what's that hat you're wearing?
D..E..V..O
Watch us work it, Work it out, Watch us work it, Work it inside out!!!!

Great new song by them, I love it!!!

I wish Apple would've used it instead of Dell.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Learn and get certified!