Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Request zone parameters in a not related object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Sorry if this was discussed before.

Lets say there are zones on a plan with ID's "Zone_1", "Zone_2" etc.
There is also a GDL object completely not related to any of those zones, placed on the same floor as zones.

Is it possible to code this object so it:
1. Lists number of zones on its mother floor ?
2. Lists ID of those zones ?
3. List areas of those zones ?

Basicly I need sort of a schedule of zones. Further I will need to select only one of those zones by its ID, make a calculation on its area and show this new area on plan.

Logically it would finally look like this:

searched_zone_ID= Zone_1

m=Request  (from zones on floor=1 a zone, where ID=Zone_1, get its area = zone_area)

new_zone_area = zone_area * factor 

text2 0,0, new_zone_area
Possible ?
5 REPLIES 5
No,

Regarding zones the only way to sense is the other way - to check if the object lays inside a particular zone.

I know what You are trying to do...there is an addon doing that in DACH versions (TOP Stempel) not updated, having rounding issues and working only on the plain area of zone (not the calculated one).

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeap,

Its all about the lack of a Master Zone object counting up areas from several zones.
Grouping zones in these days is soooo important.
Schedules, although very useful, are definitely not enough to express all the needs of area counting...
especially when it comes to multiresidentail developments with many flats, complex office buildings with multiply tenants etc.
I helped some architectural firms in Poland implementing the Top Stempel in the day to day use...it solves some of the problems pointed out (but makes some other).

Anyway the thing You have called "master zone" should be "zone" and the current "zone" have to be a "space" (using the IFC nomenclature).

I hope the zone tool will be upgraded too.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In ARCHICAD 19, the "Zone Stamp 2" offers additional field fro grouping zones.
For example, you can specify an Apartment ID and an Apartment Name and you can schedule these and generate subtotals based on Apartment ID.
Could this be a solution to your issues?
ZoneIdentificationFields.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlonagy,

this is what I do in terms of producing schedules for grouped zones, this works awesome. The point is now to show the result of summing those chosen zones on plan.

Of course I can use a text object and type in the result of summing ...Thats OK if we are dealing if lets say 5 groups of zones.
But what if its 350 zone groups with around 1500 zones ( 350 apartments with usually 4 rooms, kitchen, 2 x bathrooms, hall etc. ) ?
It's a lot and we do it in our office now by hand but this is an enormous work so we update them every few months instead of having them updated all the time if they where automated.
Przechwytywanie.JPG