Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Requesting parameter from another object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wondering if it is possible in 19 to request/reference parameters from other objects. (I am building some custom labels).

Currently I can grab an object's ID using GLOB_ID, or similar. But I would like to grab a specific parameter in the object say, randomPAR. Is this possible? If so, how?

(I am just starting to use 19, even though it says AC17 in my signature)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
kyleboyd wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible in 19 to request/reference parameters from other objects. (I am building some custom labels).

Currently I can grab an object's ID using GLOB_ID, or similar. But I would like to grab a specific parameter in the object say, randomPAR. Is this possible? If so, how?

(I am just starting to use 19, even though it says AC17 in my signature)
Random parametr - hardly. Predefined, then through the command ASSOCLP_PARVALUE. But it is necessary that in requested elements, have a parameters with the same names. Then in label displayed the desired parameter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks, that seems to point in the right direction and indicate that what I am trying to achieve is at least possible.

But I can't get it to work. I have a custom object with the parameter TestPAR defined in the Parameters as a text parameter. In my label object, I try

re_parameter = REQUEST ("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE", "TestPAR", nameind_TEST, type_TEST, flag_TEST, dim1_TEST, dim2_TEST, val_TEST)

labelText = val_TEST

but it results in the error "Uninitialized variable
at line 13 in the 2D script of file TEST LABEL.gsm."

I have also tried substituting "ac_bottomlevel" for "TestPAR" with similar results. Can someone help?
Anonymous
Not applicable
kyleboyd wrote:
but it results in the error "Uninitialized variable
val_TEST="" !!! Initialize
re_parameter=REQUEST("ASSOCLP_PARVALUE", "TestPAR", nameind_TEST, type_TEST, flag_TEST, dim1_TEST, dim2_TEST, val_TEST)
PARAMETERS labelText=val_TEST
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doh.

Awesome, Thanks!!