BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reshaping Zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have serveral zones in a file that we need to reshape and I cannot get the corner handles to appear or grab the side of the zone. When we originally inserted the zones we were able to reshape them at these points. Is there a preference or zone setting that I am missing or might be turned off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brian,
It sounds like you need to adjust the settings in your Model View Options to make the adjustments and then set them back.

Go to Document / Model View Options /
Verify which one you are using and on the very bottom right corner set the background fill of the Zone to display.
Chazz
Enthusiast
If the zone shape was auto generated by clicking in a room, it is linked to that room. The only way to resize it is to move the walls and run a zone update. However, if you change the geometry method to manual (see below) the zone becomes editable using the standard polygon metaphors.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help. Both of you...
Brian
Jacek
Contributor
Ha!
I just spent over an hour trying to figure out how to adjust my Zone and the answer was here all this time. It pays to 'Search' the forum.
One forgets what a valuable resource it is.
Thank you Chazz and Melisa.
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Chazz wrote:
If the zone shape was auto generated by clicking in a room, it is linked to that room. The only way to resize it is to move the walls and run a zone update. However, if you change the geometry method to manual (see below) the zone becomes editable using the standard polygon metaphors.
I'm thinking this must be an isolated case, as it goes against the polygon pet palette editing throughout all of ArchiCAD's elements. I've never found that a zone is linked to anything and they should be editable no matter what gemotry method is used.

Are you certain about this Chazz? I would like to see a module of it for my own educational purposes if you are.

Cheers,
Link.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
I've never found that a zone is linked to anything and they should be editable no matter what gemotry method is used.
This was my memory as well: ALL Pollys could be edited, Zones included. However I ran up against the exact same condition as the poster described shortly before I read it and assumed it was a new behavior in AC10. I'm not in front of my workstation at the moment but are you saying you have been able to edit auto-generated zones out of the box? I will Test ASAP.

--Chazz
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
TomWaltz
Participant
I've found you can change a Zone's shape manually no matter how is was drawn originally.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Chazz wrote:
... are you saying you have been able to edit auto-generated zones out of the box? I will Test ASAP.

--Chazz
Yes - that's what I'm saying! Sounds like you're going to get a lot of use out of it!

Cheers,
Link.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Melisa wrote:
Hi Brian,
It sounds like you need to adjust the settings in your Model View Options to make the adjustments and then set them back.

Go to Document / Model View Options /
Verify which one you are using and on the very bottom right corner set the background fill of the Zone to display.
Pleasant discovery: in AC11, you can edit the Zone even without it's background fill displayed.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Learn and get certified!