BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Resize Objects. AC18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a bug in Archicad 18 9019?
When we use resize to change the size of an object it does not update until we open the object setting.

Example screenshots with notes attached. This is happening with all objects.

Is this a known bug?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
It seems it depends on the objects - maybe how they are scripted - I don't know for sure.
If I try is with the Graphisoft shower cabin or shower tray I see the problem you have.
If I try with other shower objects I have they stretch just fine.

However I wouldn't do it this way.
Just grab one of the corner nodes and stretch it to where you want.
If you have the 'Tracker' active then you can also type in the dimensions you want.

Or type the length and depth into the info box - it will change size based on the location of the anchor point if you do this so it is actually easier to just stretch the node you want.

Generally any node that is situated on the extents of the object (i.e. length or depth) will adjust those values - both if it is on a corner.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

However I wouldn't do it this way.
Just grab one of the corner nodes and stretch it to where you want.
If you have the 'Tracker' active then you can also type in the dimensions you want.

Barry.
Thats fine for one object but one my typical usage is for resizing landscaping objects. eg 15 plants scaled to fit a planting border.
Barry Kelly
The problem has been fixed in newer versions of Archicad.
I just tried 19 & 21 and it is fine there.

Rebuild & Regenerate (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R) will also force the resize without having to open the object settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Rebuild & Regenerate works most of the time. I just tried resizing up and Rebuild & Regenerate worked but if I resize down past the original object size Rebuild & Regenerate does not work.

We have stopped updating at 18 after a jump from 13 and that was not a good transition after discovering a bug that would erroneously bring RL and north data from one AC file to another.
Learn and get certified!