Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Resize a object with a fixed profile

mest79
Newcomer
Hi,
I drawing an arrow with morph tool and save this as a object.
How can I resize proportionally the arrow (A and ZZYZX) without changing the arrow profile?
Thanks
Architect
AC22 (3006) - i7-6820HQ, 16Gb, AMD FirePRO W5130, WIN10
7 REPLIES 7
You would have to script it, For starter if You would like to "borrow code" from modelled element, I would use set of beams or walls instead of morph (it is harder to controll geometry of created GDL elements of it).

Piotr
mest79
Newcomer
Do the beams with a complex profile have a different gdl script than the normal ones?
Architect
Basically no:

In most cases it will result in some variation of PRISM like commands
I would make it either out of SPRISM (but scripting manually) - You have to check which command is used when saving as GDL - it allows to do ends not perpendicular to the extrude vector, or out of TUBE{2} (the 2nd version allows using profiles... basically allows the holes in the polyshape so the custom profiles can be used)

Piotr
Lingwisyer
Guru
Wasn't there a resizing object that someone made a few years ago that you could load another object into? Does it still work?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Lingwisyer wrote:
Wasn't there a resizing object that someone made a few years ago that you could load another object into? Does it still work?

Ling.
The problem was _not_to_resize_ proportionally the whole object but the "path" only (not the profile).

Piotr
mest79
Newcomer
Starting from version 21 it is possible to associate a "profile" parameter to the objects. it could be a solution?
Architect
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
mest79 wrote:
Starting from version 21 it is possible to associate a "profile" parameter to the objects. it could be a solution?
Yes, see this topic: PROFILES IN GDL.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14