BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Resize drawing in one dimension

Tracey Sharples
Contributor
Hi all,
I would like to resize an imported drawing along the x axis only but cannot because the x and y axes are locked so they stay in proportion to each other. Can they be unlocked? I am working in SE18 (21)
Thanks
Archicad 26 Win11
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
No, unfortunately height, width, magnification and resolution are all locked together.
So if you change one all the others will change as well.
And there is no way that I know of to unlock them.

You would have to edit the drawing image in an external application and then bring it in again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Tracey:

If the drawing is an image file (like JPEG), you can import it using the Figure Tool, which allows changing only the x or y dimension.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
David wrote:
If the drawing is an image file (like JPEG), you can import it using the Figure Tool, which allows changing only the x or y dimension.
Yes, I didn't think about using the figure tool instead.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
If it is vector data you have, you could try FILE > LIBRARIES AND OBJECTS > SAVE SELECTION AS > OBJECT and save it to your embedded library. Once placed the object can be resized to suit. You should be able to explode the stretched object if you need to work on the adjusted content.

I haven't tried this in earlier versions of AC but it may still be the same.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Also, if the Drawing you wish to place is a DWG/DXF file, you can Attach it as an XREF, because that allows resizing in both the X and Y direction.
Please note that the "Attach XREF" command is rather old and it is no longer included in the menu so you would have to go to the Work Environment Dialog to the menu.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!