Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Restore TABs

Bruce
Expert
Just started a new job, and have made the switch from PC to Mac. Bit of a learning curve...

Can anyone tell me which setting to change so tabs that were open when I close a session, reopen when I start back up again? This was default on PC, and I can't find anything obvious in the Work Environment.

Ta,
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
6 REPLIES 6
Save and share your Work Environment to use it (on W10 and macOS without difference) just before leaving Archicad
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Bruce
Expert
I know how to save a work environment...but I've never heard of sharing one before. What do you mean by that?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Barry Kelly
Bruce wrote:
I know how to save a work environment...but I've never heard of sharing one before. What do you mean by that?
You can save (Export) your Work Environment and then you have a file that you can Import (I assume this is what Christophe means by share) into any other machine.

I am not familiar with MACs, but in Windows, the file will open with the same tabs as when it was saved.
I am not aware of any setting to alter this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
Thanks Barry. I was aware of all this. The MAC (in Teamwork) seems to close all the tabs when quitting ARCHICAD, even if you don't leave the project. A minor nuisance, but as you say, it doesn't do this in Windows.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Barry wrote:
I am not familiar with MACs, but in Windows,...
All right Barry
There is no difference between macOS and Windows
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
4hotshoes
Advisor

I use Mac and Run into the same issue for one project, but another project will remember which tabs I had open. In some ways it is nice to have them close as others tend to open many that I don't want. But I am puzzled why it is this way for one project and not another. I have searched for the control switch.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)