BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Advanced archicad training?

jespizua
Newcomer
Hello, i´ve been using archicad for two years now, and i think a have a nice level using archicad. I´ve seen Virtual Tutor by lazzlo, rellay great training, and other guides but i would like to achieve an advance level. Is there any advance archicad´s tutorials in dvd format?
Thaks in advance!
osx 10.14 | archicad 22 | cinema4d 18 |
21 REPLIES 21
What does that mean? "advanced" ArchiCAD user?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Karl Ottenstein
jespizua wrote:
Is there any advance archicad´s tutorials in dvd format?
I'm not aware of any advanced training available on DVD, although I believe I heard a rumor that someone might be working on such a project.

At present, such training is more of an in-person kind of thing. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
jespizua
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
jespizua wrote:
Is there any advance archicad´s tutorials in dvd format?
I'm not aware of any advanced training available on DVD, although I believe I heard a rumor that someone might be working on such a project.

At present, such training is more of an in-person kind of thing. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
Thanks for the info, would be nice such dvd. The problem with one on one training lesson is that is to much expensive from the student´s point of view.
osx 10.14 | archicad 22 | cinema4d 18 |
Hi jespizua, I've created and teach a "Master Class" that I have done in SoCal late last year. We are also planning a session later at Taliesin in AZ. Stay tuned for announcements.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jespizua,
Rex's Masterclass along with his template is excellent. You will save far more $ working smarter than his fees.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
KeesW
Advocate
We in Aus have structured training courses run by Graphisoft. I've just done the 'Professional Archicad' course (conducted by David Shorter, one of our gurus) and it was very good. I guess that would class as an advanced archicad course. Surely similar courses are run in other parts of the world?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
'advanced training' = oxymoron, no? It seems to me that each person, once familiar enough with the program - will find their own creative path with the program in league with their own unique perspectives, history and talents...
KeesW
Advocate
JWD

I think that doing a course is worthwhile and has at least one advantage over learning it yourself - one covers most of the software instead of 'cherry picking' favourite and immediately relevant topics. Having a broad understanding helps to find ones way when one does get stuck.

Of course, external training should complement, and not replace, ones own practice, learning and usage.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
All I'm saying - is that once you're at an 'advanced' level and considered fairly expert in the program (i.e. you've got the basics of GDL coding down and can be fairly 'creative' with it) - exposure to the techniques of others CAN be useful - though sometimes of fairly LIMITED utility insofar as one usually has one's own trajectory at that point. Does that make sense? Or do we just mean very different things by the word 'advanced'...?
Learn and get certified!