Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD 12 Announced!

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

On behalf of my colleagues at Graphisoft I am proudly announcing the brand new release of ArchiCAD 12. In this new version we will deliver you a very rich set of features covering three main areas: speed, design and documentation.

You can read detailed descriptions of all the new features on the ArchiCAD 12 website but I would like to highlight one feature that is beneficial to every single user no matter what type of practice it is or where it is located. This is the multiprocessor support in ArchiCAD 12, which is by the way an industry first for a BIM application.

We all have been waiting for this announcement for long, so I would like to thank you for your patience now. I hope you understand that because of business considerations we couldn’t disclose any information about the new release earlier.

I hope you will all enjoy using the new release as we enjoyed creating it for you. And I would like to especially thank our Beta Users who have been very supportive during the Beta period.

Please visit http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac12/ for more information on the new version. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your local ArchiCAD representative.

I wish you all the best to ArchiCAD 12!

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

43 REPLIES 43
Chazz
Enthusiast
~/archiben wrote:
if you can download it, you can bypass the resellers and therefore take their business away. and quite frankly i see that as A Good Thing - get all of the info in one central place for once. but then they would actually have to do some work instead of just reaping the benefits of other's marketing and sales efforts...

bitter.
b
Wow Ben. My specialty is negativism but you may inspire me to branch out to bitterness soon.

I do appreciate the value-add, in terms of occasional support, I get from my reseller, who is excellent. But I know other's experiences are not always as uniformly positive: there are some bozo's out there. And yes, I frequently muse about how much cheaper the upgrade costs might be if these guys were not taking their cut.

Years ago, Apple provided zero support for their products and required the resellers to handle all of it. As you can imagine, this was a mixed bag: some folks had good experiences and for others it was a disaster. I suppose what you are suggesting (bitterly) is that the resources that Graphisoft currently shares with its reseller partners could be better spent on developing first class support internally. Apple seems to have pulled this off pretty well, at least here in the US. But this is an unfair comparison because Apple is a company driven by the idea of creating positive user experience. (how was that for bitter!? I'm trying.)

Perhaps then, the biggest indictment against the reseller model is that the company is forced to give up so much control over the user experience. Somehow though, I doubt this is something GS worries about too much.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Chazz
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
Usually you can download it. It's part of the BIM Experience kit, isn't it?
But isn't this only available later, well after all the boxes have shipped?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
For the record my reseller is posting it on his FTP site. I can download it immediately. I will have to wait till Graphisoft updates my keys thoug
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

I receive AC12 (SPA) this morning!! ¡¡GREAT!!

Regards!