BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: HOTFIX for AC!2

Rakela Raul
Participant
GS when a hotfix is scheduled to comeup ?
too many mickeymouse popup errors
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
17 REPLIES 17
Karl Ottenstein
Have you tried using Drawing Manager, Raul? Generally a good idea to open it anyway just to verify that all drawings are up-to-date before a contract set is produced. If you select one or more of the 'problem' drawings and click the green refresh button, do they update properly without having to delete and create again?

Have you verified that the views associated with the drawings are all created properly (you do not see the word 'Custom' or 'Missing' for any setting if you open the view settings)?

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Rakela Raul
Participant
Have you tried using Drawing Manager, Raul?
shut !!! thats i havent done it !!!! and I knew it !!!!!

thanku thanku thanku deadlines deadlines hate it hate it

edited:

DID IT !!!!!!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
shut !!! thats i havent done it !!!! and I knew it !!!!!

thanku thanku thanku deadlines deadlines hate it hate it

DID IT !!!!!!!
Great!!! Done!!! Now I get it!!!

Concrete poetry??? If you can take it???
Rakela Raul
Participant
thank you ML,
you are a very educated, helpful and polite gentleman.

best regards
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
__archiben
Booster
Rakela wrote:
thank you ML,
you are a very educated, helpful and polite gentleman.
i'm glad someone was . . . i didn't have the first idea what was going on in this thread!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Raul: Just wondering, why you decided to use a freshly released version - AC12 - when you have obviosly strict dealines coming up? It's like asking for trouble.
I never start using the newest version until they've released at least 2 hotfixed - they're always so buggy at first, that's cert.

Just wondering, why do they need to make a half-ready release every year? I could wait a couple of months more, if they were stable. God bless quartal economy.
Rakela Raul
Participant
im with you mister and always do that, but this time was a little bit diff.....
i did a little bit of testing on AC12 before it came out , and one thing that really called my attention was the speed, ac12 has an amazing speed. is like using a lite version of a software but full in features.

Not only that, IT IS NOT THAT BAD !! and we are producing well with it, the problem is mostly mine, cuz I dont really use it much, i am more into the executives duties of the company and i dont use it in a regular basis.
but i love to help in the production side cus i just like this piece of software. and on top of that I hated version 11 from the very beginning in the first place....sorry, i cannot continue with this conversation, i have a deadline to comply with....nevertheless, it does need a hotfix.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just found this message posted on Cadimage's ArchicadSelect site (surprised they hadn't popped in here and mentioned it)
Cadimage wrote:
Hotfix 2285 Install Warning
Important note for ArchiCAD 12 PowerPC (ie. G4 or G5s) users. The 2285 hotfix for ArchiCAD 12 breaks several of the Cadimage Tools so we advise that users do not apply the hotfix yet. We are working with Graphisoft to resolve this issue and will keep this website updated when we have a solution. If you have already installed the hotfix, for our New Zealand Users please contact support@graphisoft.co.nz and for International users please contact customercare@cadimagetools.com for instructions on how to revert to the un-hotfixed version. This problem only affects Macintosh PowerPC users of ArchiCAD 12. Windows users and Intel Macintosh users are not affected and should install the hotfix.
I will keep you posted if this warning is updated.
Learn and get certified!