BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

!Restored: money out of archi edu ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy.
I am a student and I want to buy the student version. But is it legal to start making money out of it?
I mean to start and draw for different people ... charge them...
/please help me out.
10x
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far as I know, the whole idea behind the student version is that you can not use it professionally, you can not earn money with it, you can only do your school work with it.
You should read the licence, it should state it somewhere.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not only that, but it's also not compatible with the full commercial version. And I think you will have a "student" logo on it when you print it out (haven't worked with it, but I think that's what I've been hearing, and that's what other sofware packages do). Don't know about exporting stuff either.

Just some things to consider.
Anonymous
Not applicable
it's a method to defence the crack
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the student version is quite compatible with the commercial version, however, any file printed from the EDU version will have a watermark in the upper right-hand corner of the sheet. It's actually quite large, about 3 inches wide and 1 inch tall. Also, it is my understanding that any commercial file opend with the EDU version will be converted to the EDU version and thus stuck with the watermark, and can not be reversed. But looking in the Agreement will most likely give you a definite answer as to whether you can make money using the EDU version. IMO you can't.
TomWaltz
Participant
katilinus wrote:
Hy.
I am a student and I want to buy the student version. But is it legal to start making money out of it?
I mean to start and draw for different people ... charge them...
/please help me out.
10x
If you read the licensing agreement, it explicitly states that it is for learning and academic use and any commercial use (charging for services using it) is prohibited.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
But don't let a mere legal agreement stop you from trying.

Even with the full commercial license, there's some debate as to whether money can be made.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
wolfbang wrote:
defence the crack
Where's the censor when we need him?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
But don't let a mere legal agreement stop you from trying.

Even with the full commercial license, there's some debate as to whether money can be made.
I have tried unsuccessfully to use ArchiCAD for currency reproduction purposes......but....only for the craic....like
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats an interesting thought, Nik

The student version was great..but going back to the days of placing a white fill around the edge of the page to cover the graphisoft border in plotmaker is too much to bear.

I'll stick with the license
Learn and get certified!