General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Revit 2023 is out & Archicad 26 is coming

Mjules
Mentor

Take a look at the new features: https://blogs.autodesk.com/revit/2022/04/05/whats-new-in-revit-2023/

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
13 REPLIES 13
bouhmidage
Advisor

Happy to see revit to be forced to better handle ifc files, that will save a loot of headache while working with engeneers

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

Revit doesn't have any other choice, but to follow Archicad this way. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
bouhmidage
Advisor

Autodesk was pushing to closed bim, and making rvt files the standard file for exchange, luckily this doesn't happen, for the sake of the bim industry...

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
jl_lt
Ace

just watching videos of people working on Revit is as painful as ever 😂

however, that generative design tool looks extremely promising 

The competition will be tighter in the months and years to come with the progress made by Archicad.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
jl_lt
Ace

well, lets see what Archicad 26 have in store. As has been said many times before, Archicad has already  many things set in place to finally make the big leap forward, but they keep focusing on other stuff

Now, it's a matter of time!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

@Mjules wrote:

Now, it's a matter of time!

Wishful thinking from a fanboy? Archicad is a software stuck in the 90's because of Teamwork

That's the only reason I can see why it's the only modern popular software that every project is an entity in itself. All the other better software (Revit, Vectorworks, Cheif Architect) are all a single Main software entity in which you open each project in and have one single common Library for all .

Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,

when you mentioned vectorworks went and see their website quite interesting things they are doing on their side as well.

Just wondering since they are under one umbrella with Nemetschek why can they incorporate some features or better yet like a universal license? 🤔

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Most of the AEC software's owned by Nemetschek are slowly being made each better in communicating with each other. Thats about all you will get.

All those I mentioned are American made and Archicad is Hungarian made like Arcline XP which in my opinion is what has always held them back for whatever reason. Both Archicad and Arcline XP do not have any basic Keynote system like Vectorworks and Revit. Isn't the most important and whole point of Architectural software the communication of our ideas etc through text, labels etc?

Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,

@Brett Brown As we can notice it, over the last two years, Graphisoft has intended to turn towards a customer-centric strategy. That's on this point I based myself to speculate the success of Archicad in North America in the medium term for example. If the company maintains this strategy, listens to us, including yourself, we’ll see a great difference very soon. In fact, a company that takes into account the grievances of its customers is called upon to be successful and better position itself on the market in terms of innovation.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Customer centric?

I have tried sharing BIMx models with clients and they dont even bother anymore. Why? Because trying to navigation through the 3D model is horrific. Basicaly completely backwards to what is intuitive, but there is not even the basic option to inverse or remap the controls. Something that could be fixed instantly with a tiny patch.

Repeatedly asked for for many years.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/

I agree, AC feels dated,...sometimes not agile enough for a real game changer.

Instead of making more smart programming, tools in AC get more complex.

However, complexity is our future, I suppose.

AC 4.55 -