Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Rhino/GH dont whow up in 2D i ArchiCAD. Only center of wall is picked and innside out

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rhino/GH dont whow up in 2D i ArchiCAD. Only center of wall is picked and innside out.

The referenceline Grasshopper uses from ArchiCAD 2D Curve to Curve in GH. How to manipulate? When using a Composite the wall flips inside out. Outside panels on the inside in other words

Also the model shows up in ArchiCAD and updates totally fine besides from this. I want to show my teacher different walls and how to quickly manipulate them, right.. But the modell does not show up in 2D..

Why is this?

Hope some expert can answear. I know you are out there somewhere..

Thanks in advance.

Thor Jarl
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it to show up in the 2D in ArchiCAD. Still struggling with the referenceline and the "flipped wall". Inside outy thingy
furtonb
Advisor
The composites should have outside layers on top for walls (maybe you have it the other way).
The first listed skin is considered
•“Outside” when used with Walls
•“Top” for Roof and Slab
•“Reference Side” for Shells.
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/77393/

You can always flip the walls or play with the reference line location, even after you placed it:

In Grasshopper, the Wall Settings node can be set which reference the base curve should represent (right click on the icon of the node):
But the modell does not show up in 2D..
Maybe your floor plan cut plane setting is not right, you placed the walls too high/low, floor plan settings of the element are messed up (set to cut only), you have a different layer combination in the floor plan, structural filtering is on and none of the skins are set to be load-bearing, etc... A few things that should be checked.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
furtonb
Advisor
I got it to show up in the 2D in ArchiCAD.
Ah, I see. What was the solution for this?
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!