BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Right click palette

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is there any way to customize the command selection in the menu box you get when you right click on an object?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be really great to be able to customize the right click menus. We requested this feature sometime in the last year. I wonder if the developers have it on their list of things to do?

John
Karl Ottenstein
I hesitate to report this, but I noticed that there is a registry entry that enables the context menus in the Work Environment dialog. I enabled the option, took a look - saw some mysterious double-entries that made me fear that I would mess up a feature that I don't have a problem with - and so turned the registry option back off.

I'm sure that if this was 'ready for prime time', GS would have told us about it. I suppose you could back everything up and give it a go at your own risk...

"Chicken" Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
NIce idea - have to make it a poll!

The predefined commands in the right-click pallette are so commonly used that I already have shortcuts for them. It has always been faster for me to use shortcuts than right-clicking. So a customizable pallette would be a step in the right direction for organising our working environment
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes you can modify the context menus. But as Karl has found, it isn't as clear or as customizable as you'd think. I have modified some of mine, but it took a while to figure out which was which, and then I couldn't include everything I wanted.

Anyway, here's how you do it:

Windows:

Edit the registry (Start>Run>Regedit):

My Computer\ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Graphisoft\ ArchiCAD\ ArchiCAD 9.0.0 USA R1\ WorkEnvironment

Change 'ShowContextMenuTabPage' value to 1

Mac:

Open the com.graphisoft.AC 9.0.0 USA v1.plist in [user's home folder]/Library/Preferences folder with your favorite text editor, and after the <key>ShowContextMenuTabPage</key> element change the </false> value to </true>

Then you will see the Context Menus appear in your Options>Work Environment dialog, under Command Schemes. The above methods can also be achieved for PlotMaker, but as always it is a good idea to back up your registry before making any changes to it.

Cheers,
Link.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try it out.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tested this and it works fine. (so far)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any changes in AC 10?

I like the true line weight toggle, but think the Move and Display order sub-menus are a pain. I'd like to move them to the surface.

But as noted here, I didn't see anything obvious in the Work Environment to modify...

Any comments?

Thanks.

Nathan Brauer
Electric Flute
Booster
I also would like to know how to do it with AC10.
Even after modifying registry, my current context menus aren't listed in the Working Environment to edit them.

Strange... since doing it in AC9 was so easy.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
But as noted here, I didn't see anything obvious in the Work Environment to modify...

Any comments?
You need to edit the Edit menu, under Command Layout Schemes>Menus. Unfortunately there's no easy way (AFAIK) to move everything in a sub-menu into the main menu in one go, so you need to remove and re-add each item individually.
I also would like to know how to do it with AC10.
Even after modifying registry, my current context menus aren't listed in the Working Environment to edit them.

Strange... since doing it in AC9 was so easy.
Should be the same. I wouldn't fret though, because it's still not easy to tell what you are editing AFAIS.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!