BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Accessory Tool - Standing Seam

Is there a way to control the layout of the standing seams to the match on each side of the ridge?
When the roofs surfaces are the same on each side of a ridge or valley you can just mirror the metal roof, however, if they are a little different that does not work so well.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

4 REPLIES 4
Carstenem
Expert
You can but it's a bit fiddly .

- moving the roof reference line in 2D moves the 2D display.
- To move the 3D you have to extend/reduce one side of the roof to match the opposite side, then extend/reduce the other side accordingly. ( do this in 3D view )

Help screen shot attached.
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Carstenem wrote:
You can but it's a bit fiddly .

- moving the roof reference line in 2D moves the 2D display.
- To move the 3D you have to extend/reduce one side of the roof to match the opposite side, then extend/reduce the other side accordingly. ( do this in 3D view )

Help screen shot attached.
Yes. That's what I am doing where I can, modeling the both roofs the same, generate that standing seam metal roof, mirror it, then adjust the one roof and the metal roof with adjust with it. But you can't always use that method. I use other tricks a well to get what I need. I was just hoping someone knew how to control it without the work-arrounds.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Carstenem
Expert
yeah I think that's about it about this tool !
Carsten
www.asmtechbase.com
https://www.youtube.com/asmtechbase

AC 3 to 26 -Windows 7 - 24GB - 8core 4.4Ghz
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Gave up on that long ago and when I want to show those seams, I model them with single plane roofs, which I can connect together easily with CTRL + clicking an edge. Multiply with a spread at the proper distance does the rest.

Early stages I just show a vectorial fill.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!