Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Roof Cutout Wall Deletion Problem

ArchiCAD_archi_archi
Contributor

My roof cutout deletes walls connected to top by, "trim" command. Any advice on how to replace walls? Or achieve same desired without without this problem? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi, I see your problem and that’s true and Archicad should handle this in future releases, to solve this now you can do 3 things : 1) with roof you subtract the area you like before trimming the wall and adjust the edge angle to be 90 degree for better result if design permit. 2) with walls to split the walls under the subtracted roof area to get the two wall parts isolated from the whole wall group. 3) to select walls ( without the splitted ones ) and trim them to roof then adjust splitted ones to the desired height, something complicated but hope will help u.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution

Hi, I see your problem and that’s true and Archicad should handle this in future releases, to solve this now you can do 3 things : 1) with roof you subtract the area you like before trimming the wall and adjust the edge angle to be 90 degree for better result if design permit. 2) with walls to split the walls under the subtracted roof area to get the two wall parts isolated from the whole wall group. 3) to select walls ( without the splitted ones ) and trim them to roof then adjust splitted ones to the desired height, something complicated but hope will help u.

Lingwisyer
Guru

You could also use SEO with upwards instead of Trimming. This will not affect portions of your wall that extend past your roof.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Hi @Lingwisyer, even using SEO he has to split walls and subtract the roof before connecting walls and roof by SEO.

With only a single SEO, order makes no difference. The roof shape could also be changed as much as you want and it would be fine as long as it is still a single roof. Also, he may not need to split the wall depending on his layout, another SEO with say a terrace canopy might be enough.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Mahmoud, thank you! Yes, your solution worked absolutely, 100%.

I disconnected all the walls from the roofs. I then subtracted the roof polygon, THEN split the walls from where they would attach to different roof areas (portion below the upper walkway and patio/terrace)FIXED.JPG and this is all seems to have worked much better now. Thank you.

I actually tried that as my second original route, and I think because there're multiple roofs and (originally) one main wall, it just wouldn't work.