Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Surfacer AC 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I anoint the roof on both sides of a ridge with the standing seam--AC 7 Library_Add on Library_Roof accessory_roof_surfacer, I'm unable to convince the patterns to line up, i.e. "mirror". Is there a fix-it that anyone has discovered?

Thanks,

Wally
12 REPLIES 12
Tom Krowka
Booster
I'm using the standing seam roof surfacer, on opposite sides of the gable. Can't match the standing seams. I tried to find the 3d pivot line as mentioned earlier in the posting, but actually I have no idea where it is, or how I can select it.
Tried selecting the roof surface, am able to do that, can get the pet palette, dragged, strectched, added nodes, no success.

Any help?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You can adjust the START of the seams by adjusting the ROOFs PIVOT LINE.... (not the surfacer).... This should be done on the ROOF PLAN...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
vfrontiers wrote:
You can adjust the START of the seams by adjusting the ROOFs PIVOT LINE.... (not the surfacer).... This should be done on the ROOF PLAN...
A very famous DV tip ... that should have gotten tip of the month a long time ago! 😉 This was not obvious to many of us (most of us?) ...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB