Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof ridge height

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to set the roof ridge of a single plane roof to a certain elevation level?
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Single plane roofs you can only set the vertical position of the bottom of the roof at the pivot line. Any repositioning after that you would have to do a manual drag to reposition in section or 3D.

If you need to relate a known exact dimension from top down that changes the pitch/angle of the roof, I sometimes do this:
1. drag a copy of the roofs
2. change them from composite to one building material
3. go in to section or 3D and stretch the thickness from bottom up to 0
4. change the roof ptich/angles etc as needed, CTRL + click edges to connect everything back up
5. change the thickness downwards to what it was before, thus ending up with a new bottom position for the roofs
6. change them back to composite
7. profit??
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Erwin! I did it manually in 3D but it took me a while and I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we (the users) could set the level of the roof ridge elevation the way we can set/edit the bottom of the roof in the roof settings.
Maybe I'm missing something, but you can do this in a 3D window by selecting the roof, then selecting a ridge end node (selecting Change Roof Pitch pet palette option). With the Tracker on, just type Z and enter the desired ridge height. With the coordinates box active, you can change the reference point, too. (Such as ridge height to Project Zero, Sea Level, etc.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Antonia:

Also, for Single Plane Roofs, you can Ctrl+click (Mac: Cmd+Click) at any point on the roof plane to bring up the Roof Elevations dialog box. In the Help files see: Help Center > Guides > ARCHICAD 21 > ARCHICAD 21 Reference Guide > Elements of the Virtual Building > Construction Elements > Roofs > Editing Roofs > Modify the Roof Pitch. This does not change the height of the Pivot Line.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
You can use a - pitch and put the roof reference line at the ridge if that helps.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25