BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof with Scoop Eave

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Happy New Year to everyone.
I have a question, how do you build a roof with archicad 18 and roof tool a scoop roof that has this profile in section ? Thanks

Roof.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
MrC
Advocate
Try multi plane geometry in the roof tool. you will need to put in negative values for the roof shape you need,and the more levels the smoother the curve.
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I was hoping there was an hidden icon like in AC 14 Half Dome.
But can you use the same tool in a Geometry method single roof and not in a Multi plane roof?
Thank
MrC
Advocate
As far as I know you can only do this in multi plane roofs,but with some editing of the plan as you go, you can achieve the same.
I'm assuming you are modelling a gabled roof as attached
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you create a multiplane roof and then you delete what you don't need OK?
Thanks
Erich
Contributor
You might consider using complex profiles or shells or even morphs depending on what you need. Always keep in mind that the name of the tool is not it's only use.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
giuseppe wrote:
So you create a multiplane roof and then you delete what you don't need OK?
You can create a Multi-Plane Roof, then convert the unwanted parts to Gables via the Pet Palette (Custom Plane Settings, far right on top of palette), or there is a Geometry Method for Rectangular Gable Roofs. The Roof Tool is not great for curves, like Erich I would first try the Shell Tool: it can use Composites and is designed to have curves.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!